The Compassion Journey is an eye-opening event that will challenge visitors’ views of poverty and transform their understanding of the world.
If you want to get more involved, we’d welcome you to volunteer at an event near you! Review the information below and sign up today!
— Volunteer Details —
- Ages 14-15 must have permission from a Parent or Legal Guardian, and a Parent or Legal Guardian must be present and volunteering alongside them.
- Ages 16-17 must have permission from a Parent or Legal Guardian, and can participate alone or with a group without a parent or legal guardian present.
- If you are signing up a minor child as a guest volunteer, you must be the child’s parent or legal guardian. Guests (minor children, family, or friends) will receive an approval email asking them to complete the volunteer waiver, which is required to volunteer. Parents/legal guardians must complete a waiver for each minor child.
- Your time during this event will be utilized through various responsibilities such as: greeting guests as they enter the Journey, setting up iPods for guests, assisting guests with questions and guidance in the World Impact room, etc.
- You will be provided a t-shirt to wear onsite. Feel free to wear nice jeans, pants or shorts (in good taste). Please wear comfortable (preferably closed-toe) shoes.
- Special training will be provided for Event Volunteers prior to the event, as well as onsite when you arrive.
- As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to walk through the Compassion Journey as part of your training.
- Light snacks and drinks will be provided, but if your shift falls over a meal time, feel free to bring drinks/food as well.
— Event Volunteer Sign Up Instructions —
- Search for the location on the map or in the list below the map.
- Click the blue map markers for additional details or find the same information in the list below.
- Click on the link to "Register to Volunteer".
- Fill out the necessary form information, indicating the slot(s) you would like to sign up for.*
- Submit form and await approval - This may take up to 48 hours - Additional details will be sent following approval.
If you are wanting to sign up for more than one shift time and/or day, please check the box beside each shift you would like to volunteer for.